I could have sworn I had posted about this, but apparently not. Raising a toddler and a 2 week long visit by family gets in the way of those plans I guess. This recipe is so NOT low FODMAP for those sensitive to lactose or gluten, but to me is so totally worth it anyway. I am definitely making this again and it will be on the table at Thanksgiving. I’m already drooling in anticipation I love cheese that much. I used half cheddar and half vermont white cheddar for my cheese and cavatapi pasta because who doesn’t like big, thick noodles for their mac and cheese. I also put panko breadcrumbs on half to keep everyone happy.
Source: Found via Pinterest at The Budget Diet
Author: Kristl Story, TheBudgetDiet.com
Prep time:20 mins
Cook time:30 mins
Total time:50 mins
- 16 oz. box elbow macaroni
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (reserve 1 cup for the top)
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ stick of butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare macaroni according to instructions on box.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Add 3 cups of cheese, milk, eggs, butter and cream cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.