Here are some places I’ve eaten at since January and what I’ve been able to eat symptom free or hit/miss but not enough to make me not try something again. I don’t eat at the same places 2 days in a row much less 4 days in a row like they say to do when adding food back into your diet however. I also hardly ever have leftovers because a certain someone (ahem: husband) eats off my plate before I have a chance to even ask for a box. I’ll keep adding restaurants and foods as they come to mind.
NOTE: My FM is non-hereditary so the things I eat are not 100% fructose or FODMAP free. I primarily have issues with fructose & fructans so there is still lactose, gluten, etc.
- Fried Fish Sandwich on hoagie roll (no tartar sauce) — I’ve stopped eating this as it became hit/miss.
- Plain grilled chicken sandwich on a gluten-free bun
- Homemade chips (as long as you don’t overdo it)
- Scrambled eggs (sometimes on a gluten-free bun) and homefries
- Cooked carrots
- Custom Pizza with olive oil, spinach, plain grilled chicken, and cheese (I wouldn’t eat the whole thing in 2 days like I did though.)
- Zambelli Nachos — minus olives. (I gag at the thought of them so I’m not sure about FODMAPs. Keep in mind 4 people could split this platter.)
- Lettuce wrap/ bunless burger with mustard and fries (I’ve had pain afterwards with the bun sometimes and am not sure if that was the bun or timing); grease blotted off
Bob Evans Note most of the foods I’ve checked on the PDF on their website has lactose, even the pecans in the salads. Also, they make most of their breads so there is no HFCS or honey in most though there are one or two I can’t eat, which I’m blanking on at the moment.
- Five cheese grilled cheese sandwich (I don’t recommend you do this very often if your gut is slow like mine, but it is sooooo good)
- Buttermilk Biscuits (I forget if the rolls are safe)
- Scrambled eggs
- Maple syrup (didn’t ask, just ate it, so double-check)
- Banana nut bread: I’ve eaten about 1/4 loaf the last 2-3 days. So far so good.
Moe’s Southwest Grill
- Joey Pork burrito with their regular rice, romaine lettuce, and cheese and occasionally I’ll ask for a few black beans (i.e. not the cilantro lime or whatever the new rice is)
- Pork soft taco with romaine lettuce and cheese — I’ve eaten 3 in a sitting.
- Chips – 1/2 a serving. I can tolerate about half the chips they give us; when I eat too many chips I feel it even if it is finishing off the bag the next day which tends to be both mine and the toddler’s leftover chips
- Turkey on Country Bread (which is no longer offered since they cleaned up their menu)
- Chocolate Chipper Cookie — Half a cookie.
- White flatbread toasted with turkey, spinach, and provolone (or your cheese of choice)
Dad’s Pub & Grub
- Beer Battered Fries — Honestly, they’re so good when done right I’m perfectly happy with that.